<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

more...quarters... 

you ever get so broke that you pay for everything in change, and you finally get to the point where you run out of quarters and move down to dimes?

when we got back from the honeymoon I found out my bank account was $700 overdrawn. The day of the accident I had checked and saw that I had $1200 available. About $600 hadn't gone through to the bank yet. Then we had the rental car, hotels, food, etc. now if I had KNOWN i had run out of money, I would have had Mrs. Z pay for those things, she had money in her account at the time. After $400+ in overdraft charges, I'm in a pretty deep hole. We've been living off Mrs. Z's paycheck for the last two weeks. I invoiced today so i'll have money coming in, but bills and rent are gonna kill us.

i hate banks. i hate paying for things. why can't people just give me stuff? i'm pretty charming, y'know. or I could barter. i'll learn to make shoes. what movie was that from? dammit.

quarters have now become a ridiculously valuable commodity. at this point they're like $50 bills.

you start to have thoughts about money, and they all turn to food..."i can't believe I paid $12 for a bowl of pasta and a rice krispy treat..." "i KNEW i already had cheese at home..." "what can I make out of ramen and canned corn?"

When you go to the store you buy "broke food" milk, bread, eggs, cheap processed lunchmeat, beans, pb&j, and ramen. you spring for cheese as a special treat. unfortunately I'm such a snob I can't eat any tuna other than albacore in water, and that's just too expensive for what you get these days.

We don't have a fridge at work so bringing in lunch food is kind of a gamble as far as keeping it from going bad. Lunches consist of jack n' the back tacos and chicken sandwiches, 99cent tuesday mcnuggets, or if I want to spend the extra 60 cents to drive to Jimbos I can get a small salad from the salad bar and a small bowl of soup for around $3.50.

I'm just whining. We're gonna be fine, I just wanna go buy something. That always makes me feel better.

-z

Comments:
I hear you loud and clear, man. I KNOW THE FEELING. I've used change for actual groceries before, and have "floated" many a check--hoping that my paycheck would go through *before* the actual check cleared days later. SUCKS...but you do tend to get creative--and that can be exciting :)

HANG IN THERE!
 
eek, i hear you. and you are coming to bfast with us on saturday. my treat. please :)
 
Ramen noodles and homemade spaghetti sauce...it's a meal fit for royalty. This is where you find out where your priorities are. I once paid for a beer in all change. I went to a bar where nobody knew me, though, since I didn't want to become known as "The Girl Who Scrapes Together Change to Buy a Fat Tire." That would just be embarrassing.
 
Oh yeah, make sure you make it to the Lamp on Sunday...I've got a round covered. :) It's not everyday I get to meet real, live bloggers.
 
Thanks kids, we'll meet up witcha at some point. Can't turn down free breakfast!

-z
 
awww, honey, I told you to take my ATM card. Hey, Lushy said Fat Tire! That's my favorite beer and they don't have it in bars in San Diego. The high point of Seattle for me was always being able to get Fat Tire in a bar.
 
"CARD?" I thought you said "you can take my CAR!" Communication problems already, this marriage is doomed.

I actually love the chicken sandwich and 2 tacos for $2.13. It's amazing how you can wolf down 728.2 calories with absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever.

But their hot sauce is yummy. Did you know their hot sauce has 0 calories? Maybe I'll make it into soup.

-z
 
no, sweetie, the marriage won't be doomed until you get so fat from your awful lunches that you roll over in bed one night and squish me.

although, considering i accidentally punched you in the nose in my sleep the other night, i guess i do more damage while asleep than you ever will.

come home soon. i'm all hurty and have nobody to whine at. plus, i think i might have given myself a nasty burn from the heating pad. seriously. i think my tattoo might fall off.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?