<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

don't lay me (off) like that! 

I got my two week notice yesterday.

Apparently, the division I work for has been hemorrhaging money for 6 months. They just can't afford me anymore.

It couldn't have come at a shittier time, really. We're trying to find a new house to rent with a yard so we can have a dog...now, if I don't find a job in the next 3 weeks, we'll barely be able to pay our current rent.

Okay I guess a shittier time would have been before the wedding.

They're going to toss me a few part time bones after I'm officially gone but it won't last, so here comes the big question...

what do I do now?

Do I start my own business in hope that I can put together clients before we're totally broke? Do I beg my friends that have their own businesses *cough* joelle *cough* to pass some work along to me? Do I go back to cube life?

Legally, I've been working for myself for 3 years, contracting with the company that's letting me go. It's been great...working by the beach, and loving the people I work for. If I'm to be honest I did get a little too comfortable here and the thought of leaving for somewhere else is killing me.

Now the future's up in the air, and I can't just think about me, I've got a new wife and two animal plates to take care of. *sigh*

so what do i WANT to do?

shit, ask me tomorrow.

-z

Comments:
Ummm. You want to love me, I know that. :) The animal plates said they're willing to work part-time at picnics.
 
whoa...heavy shit, z :( i wish i could help :( i can make you guys dinners!!!

does this mean, I can't move in w/ ya'll? :(
 
cube farm? i do work for a great company, but i honestly have no idea what you do. send me your resume and i'll check around.
 
too bad you didn't post this yesterday. you coulda ran for Mayor.
 
hey...i think the mt. soledad cross is looking for an agent!
 
We'll list you as an SEO resource and be sure to pass on any people looking for that to you, doll. Just hit me with your URL and email that you want used for work contact and I'll make sure to pass it on.
 
Mrs. Z, I don't have any choice in loving you. I do like it though! Oh, and I talked to the cross this morning, apparently he's already signed Scott Boras.

GFI - actually, if you moved in with us we'd save money on rent. i'll just have to get plexiglass doors for the bathrooms.

Thanks lyn, I'll be working on my resume tonight.

Mikey, we all know that I wouldn't want to be mayor...well, maybe so I could legally behead Bruce Henderson.

Joelle, YOU, my dear, are a doll. That's the best news I've heard all morning (other than the plates whoring themselves out for picnics). I'll get the professional trappings set up tonight.

Thanks all, I was just blindsided by this, you're all great.

-z
 
I always hated that cross.

Re: GFI moving in--Plexiglass doors for the bathroom...AND a pole in the living room.

I love you, honey.
 
YAY!!! There's a POLE?? Me and Mrs. Z could invite people over and dance for a few extra dollars! :D

*shakes her shimmy*
 
*waves a twenty*
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?